Postgraduate Accommodation & Studies
You’ve made the leap to take your studies further and undertake a postgraduate degree. Whether you have decided to study a Masters course or Research degree, our spacious and modern studio accommodation is perfectly suited to provide you with the ideal environment to support your postgraduate studies.
Our Portsmouth and Southampton buildings are home to a large number of postgraduate students studying a wide variety of Masters and PhD degrees including Accounting and Finance, Business MBA’s, Engineering and Law and Legal Studies, to name but a few. As a Unilife student you will benefit from being part of a cosmopolitan student community mixing with both UK students and international students from all over the world. Whether you are studying a University of Southampton MBA or Engineering degree at Portsmouth university, as the leading provider of Southampton postgraduate accommodation and postgraduate accommodation in Portsmouth, you can be sure to meet like minded students in any of our Unilife buildings.
We understand that deciding to pursue further postgraduate study at University can be expensive. Here at Unilife our rents are all-inclusive this means it includes all bills from water, heating, electricity, TV licence, contents insurance and even Laundry credits. Check out our facilities to find out why Unilife is the perfect choice for postgraduate accommodation.
Postgraduate studies in the UK
Leaving home can be a daunting enough experience without the added anxiety of moving to a new country. We want to help make your next step as exciting as possible. When you arrive there will be a lot of things that you will need to do, below you will find a few helpful tips and reminders. Unilife are here to help, whether it’s organising your airport transfer or to help you move in, just ask.
1. Visas & Immigration
If you are staying in the UK to study for over six months and want to enter as a ‘student’ you’ll need to gain entry clearance before travelling to the UK. If you are coming to the UK for under 6 months some nationalities (“non-visa nationals”) may qualify to enter as a ‘student visitor’ and may not have to obtain entry clearance before travelling.
2. Enrol with your university
You’ve unpacked and made your new Unilife studio look and feel like your home. Next, if you haven’t done so already, you should register with your university. They will take a copy of your passport and visa, arrange your student ID card, confirm your enrollment and give you a letter to help you open a UK bank account if you haven’t already sorted one out.
3. University International Office
Take the time before term and classes start to find your way round your university. Many universities have an International Office, they will be on hand to offer advice and guidance to postgraduates.
4. Make new friends
Going to university is a great opportunity to meet new people and make new friends from all over the world. At Unilife we know that for some this can be a challenging time so start with making friends in your Unilife building. To help you we not only have great communal areas (lounge, study rooms) and facilities (state of the art gym) but will be organising a number of events throughout the year so you can meet your new Unilife friends. Make sure you Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter to keep up to date on all the activities and latest news.
What others say about us
- Thank you for everything. It was a great experience and I will definitely recommend you to any other friends.UNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTHCYPRIOTPOSTGRADUATE
- Choosing Unilife as our second home is one of the best decisions staying in the UK. Convenient, secure and luxurious accommodation with the most mindful staff members I have ever met. Unilife is the best accommodation I could ask for and a family that concerns about my stay 24/7.UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTONTHAILANDPOSTGRADUATE
- Thanks for your impeccable service which has made this a memorable year. I hope to see you again.UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTONCHINESEPOSTGRADUATE
- Studios are amazing quality, everything I could want in accommodation, amazing location as well!UNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTHBRITISHPOSTGRADUATE
- Thank you for making my stay in Portsmouth a memorable and unforgettable experience. The apartment was comfy, and everything was very close by. Thank you to you and the team for making it great.UNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTHMALAYSIANPOSTGRADUATE
- I would like to thank you for all the help and support you provided during my tenancy with Unilife. You have indeed been a very kind and friendly House ManagerUNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTONMALAYSIANPOSTGRADUATE
- Really sad about moving out, it's been the best room I could have hoped for for the last three years so thank you for letting me stay!SOLENT UNIVERSITYMALAYSIANPOSTGRADUATE
- I would like to thank all the Unilife team for all 3 years that I've been staying at this lovely place and for everything that you've done for me.SOLENT UNIVERSITYMALAYSIANPOSTGRADUATE