Unilife provide students the Ultimate Living Experience, we know we go beyond your expectations, providing exceptional high quality studios and excellent customer service.
Each of our stunning studios are designed with you (the student) in mind, not only at a high quality but we’ve tried to think of everything you’ll need. Lots of storage, comfy double bed, en-suite bathrooms, work stations and of course your own kitchen. Why not take a 360 degree virtual tour of our studios now here.
With many of our buildings providing excellent well designed communal areas (lounges, study rooms) to state of the art gym facilities and on site laundry. You have all the luxury of private living with added benefits and of course in the most ideal locations to your universities.
We believe that we offer exceptional value, with an all-inclusive bill (that’s all your heating, water, electricity, contents insurance and your TV licence) to simplify your finances. Rent can be paid ahead for the whole year (£200 discount applied to the rent) or at the beginning of each term. We will even give you 50 laundry credits (that’s 25 washes and 25 dries), what more could you need?
From this year our international students can benefit from our partner’s guarantor scheme allowing you the flexibility of monthly rent payments and a lower deposit.
Be part of Unilife and get to meet new friends through our social calendar of events or have our team on hand to help if you ever need it.
Pre-sessional English Course Information
We offer short-term accommodation at special rates for international students doing a pre-sessional course. Let us know the dates you require accommodation for and we’ll be happy to send you a special offer and accommodate you.
Studying in the UK
Leaving home can be a daunting enough experience without the added anxiety of moving to a new country. We want to help make your next step as exciting as possible. When you arrive there will be a lot of things that you will need to do, below you will find a few helpful tips and reminders. Unilife are here to help our international students, whether it’s organising your airport transfer or to help you move in, just ask.
1. Visas & Immigration
If you are staying in the UK to study for over six months and want to enter as a ‘student’ you’ll need to gain entry clearance before travelling to the UK. If you are coming to the UK for under 6 months some nationalities (“non-visa nationals”) may qualify to enter as a ‘student visitor’ and may not have to obtain entry clearance before travelling.
2. Enrol with your university
You’ve unpacked and made your new Unilife studio look and feel like your home, you’ve found your way to the nearest supermarket to stock up and have to make sure you register with your university. They will take a copy of your passport and visa, arrange your student ID card, confirm your enrolment and give you a letter to help you open a UK bank account if you haven’t already sorted one out.
3. University International Office
Take the time before term and classes start to find your way round your university. Many universities have an International Office, they will be on hand to off advice and guidance to all international students.
4. Make new friends
Going to university is a great opportunity to meet new people and make new friends from all over the world. At Unilife we know that for some this can be a challenging time so start with making friends in your Unilife building. To help you we not only have great communal areas (lounge, study rooms) and facilities (state of the art gym) but will be organising a number of events throughout the year so you can meet your new Unilife friends. Make sure you Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter to keep up to date on all the activities and latest news.
No doubt you will be very busy in your first few weeks of University, finding your way round a new City and University and trying not to get lost, making new friends and settling into a new way of life. It’s hard enough if you are a UK student but we also appreciate that as an International student, living far from home can take a while to get used to and adjust.
We want to make settling in as easy as possible, we are always just a phone call away if you need any help. If you need help with anything to do with your student studio at Unilife, the facilities we provide or just struggling to adapt to life then we will do our best to make life easier.
We can’t help with your studies (we would try I am sure), but we can help with life at Unilife. We’ve asked past students of ours and we know that one of the biggest issues facing an International student is not knowing anyone in your building to socialise with or just hang out and watch TV with in the Lounge. We organise throughout the year a number of events to help you get to know each other, make sure you like us on Facebook to keep up to date and don’t miss out.
Just remember don’t be overwhelmed it’s a lot to remember to start with, but won’t take you long to feel like you’ve lived here always. To make life easier we’ve created a simple checklist of things that you will need to remember.
1. Airport Arrivals
Once you’ve signed all the paperwork and paid all the fees applicable and your flights are confirmed you need to make sure you have arranged your transfer from the airport to your new home. Make sure you let us know what time you expect to arrive, so we can ensure your studio is ready and waiting for you and we are on hand to help.
If for any reason you have any problems and need to report an issue (something’s not working, broken light bulb or you’ve locked yourself out – it does happen) then just call our Housing Manager and we will get it fixed as soon as we can.
Throughout the year we organise events to help get you to know other students in your building. Make sure you like us on Facebook to keep up to date.
We know the importance of keeping in contact and it’s always nice to receive something in the post. Please make sure that you give your friends and family back home the correct postal address (details can be found in your Welcome Pack). All our buildings have post blocks.
What others say about us
- Amazing service! I love the common room and the gym, the facilities are so great and the staff are always available.Park House, SouthamptonSOLENT UNIVERSITYGERMAN
- I love my space, booked for next year. Great to be independent and have a studio that’s entirely yours.St James's St, PortsmouthUNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTHCYPRIOT
- I would like to thank you for all the help and support you provided during my tenancy with Unilife. You have indeed been a very kind and friendly House ManagerPARK HOUSE, SOUTHAMPTONUNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTONCHINESE
- Choosing Unilife as our second home is one of the best decisions staying in the UK. Convenient, secure and luxurious accommodation with the most mindful staff members I have ever met. Unilife is the best accommodation I could ask for and a family that concerns about my stay 24/7.Park House, SouthamptonUNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTONTHAILAND
- This is Eric and I have to say goodbye to you as I am not going to study as a postgraduate in Portsmouth next term. I would like to say thank you all as you have been very helpful this year. Every time something has been broken you have responded in the fastest way. Thank you so much.St James's St, PortsmouthUNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTHCHINESE
- Thank you for making my stay in Portsmouth a memorable and unforgettable experience. The apartment was comfy, and everything was very close by. Thank you to you and the team for making it great.St James's St, PortsmouthUNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTHMALAYSIAN
- I would like to express my gratitude to you for being such a nice house manager, Luke. Thanks for sorting out any issues I experienced. Once again, thank you very much!Earlsdon St, PortsmouthUNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTHCHINESE
- Thanks for your impeccable service which has made this a memorable year. I hope to see you again.Park House, SouthamptonUNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTONCHINESE
- Thank you for everything. It was a great experience and I will definitely recommend you to any other friends.Earlsdon St, PortsmouthUNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTHCYPRIOT
- I would like to thank all the Unilife team for all 3 years that I've been staying at this lovely place and for everything that you've done for me.High Street, SouthamptonSOLENT UNIVERSITYRUSSSIAN
- For me it feels like home away from my home. Perfect for me as I'm not a student but I am able to live here on a dual occupancy with my partner who is a student. Great rooms, nice service & great staff! I love it!!!Park House , SouthamptonGERMAN
- I've been living in Unilife for 2 years now. The greatest thing about Unilife, is the fact that you get your own space (Kitchen, bedroom and bathroom), but at the same time there’s an awesome common room where we can all gather meet new friends and invite friends over either for movie nights or play board games, pool or football. Unilife is truly home away from home! The smallest details are thought of, from security, study rooms, bike storage, GYM and most importantly the lovely and super helpful Unilife family/staff.Park House, SouthamptonUNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTONSAUDI ARABIAN